S.C. Governor Nikki Haley will visit Blue Bicycle Books, Mon., Apr. 9, 6 pm to sign her new memoir Can’t Is Not an Option: My American Story (Sentinel, hb., $27.95, 256 pp.).
NOTE: Signing tickets are required to meet Governor Haley!
1. Books must be purchased from Blue Bicycle Books. Each book comes with a ticket for entrance into the signing line.
2. We have a limited amount of the Governor’s book — we encourage you to pre-order, either online or by calling 843-722-2666.
3. Books purchased from other stores or online entities are not allowed.
4. Books are for sale in the store now, and will be sold at a special outside kiosk on Monday afternoon. The book-selling line is separate from the signing line.
5. Gov. Haley will be inside, but the line will likely extend onto the sidewalk. First-come, first-serve, rain or shine. You will not be admitted without a yellow signing line ticket.
6. Can’t make it? We will ship signed pre-ordered books with the Governor’s signature. The only way to get a personal inscription is to wait in line.
More about Can’t is Not an Option:
The daughter of Sikh parents who migrated from Punjab, India, Nikki Haley’s family faced ignorance, prejudice and sometimes blatant hostility as the first Indian family in a small South Carolina town. Consultants told her she couldn’t win elections — “Your dad wears a headdress,” one said, referring to her father’s turban. She went on to become the first woman and first minority to occupy the South Carolina governor’s mansion.
Haley, 40, discusses her rise to the statehouse and eventually the governorship, including her endorsement by Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and what she calls sexist allegations of adultery during her campaign.